- 2–15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1–28 oz. can hominy, rinsed (or yellow sweet corn)
- 1–15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1–15oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a stalk pot or dutch oven.
- Turn heat to medium/high and bring to a rolling boil. Then, cover and let simmer on low for 20-30 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Serve with favorite toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 recipe Calories: 352 Sugar: 10 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 67 Fiber: 12 Protein: 15
Keywords: quinoa chili, vegan chili