Honey Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Blood Orange Margarita
- 2-oz. honey simple syrup
- 4-oz. blood orange juice (~4–6 medium blood oranges)
- 4-oz. high-quality tequila
- 2-oz. lime juice (~6–8 medium limes)
- 1–2 cups ice (+ more for serving)
- First prepare the honey simple syrup. Add the water, honey, and vanilla to a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes (stirring periodically). Remove from heat and let cool.
- Next, add 1 to 2 cups of ice to a cocktail shaker and then pour in blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila, and simple syrup. Option to add more simple syrup, depending on your preference.*
- Give the shaker a good shake so that everything gets mixed together.
- Serve over ice with fresh blood orange slices and a salty rim.
Tips & Notes
- Blood oranges: be careful when juicing your blood oranges and they tend to be a little messy and might stain your clothes!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 167 Sugar: 23 Sodium: 4 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Keywords: margarita, blood orange margarita