- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (any kind works!)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries, smashed (+ more for topping)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- fresh blueberries
- Place almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt into a small saucepan. Whisk all of the ingredients together until combined. Add quinoa and blueberries and mix again.
- Bring the quinoa and milk to a boil over high heat and then cover, turn heat to low and let the quinoa simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the quinoa has fully cooked, remove from heat and keep covered. The liquid will continue to absorb as it sits. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Option to mix in 1 tablespoon of almond butter or serve as is. Serve with a splash more of almond milk, a sprinkle of chia seeds, slivered almonds, and move fresh blueberries.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was updated on April 23, 2020.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 255 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 298 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 4 Protein: 7
Category: BreakfastMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American