- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground oat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (+ more for topping)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen), + more for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (or unsweetened applesauce for less sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Then, whisk eggs in a medium bowl and add maple syrup, almond milk, mashed banana, and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Transfer batter into muffin tin, filling each one around 3/4 of the way full. Then, sprinkle on more fresh blueberries, if desired, and sprinkle on some additional rolled oats.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-23 minutes or until you do the toothpick test and it comes out clean.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 muffin Calories: 162 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 113 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3 Cholesterol: 31
Keywords: blueberry oatmeal muffins