Reason 954 why I love the Minneapolis Farmer’s Market: I come home with loads of recipe inspiration.
And delicious nomness from the market, of course!
Like these gorgeous blue corn tortillas. I want to say I paid like $2.00 for 30 of them.
I actually got the idea to make breakfast tacos from the stand we bought these tortillas from. Blake and I split their version of breakfast tacos. Yuuuuuuum. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen me post a photo!
These were of course much more authentic than mine and made with chorizo and big pile of pinto beans smothered in cheese, salsa, and cilantro.
My tacos were very simple and made with ingredients I already had in my fridge…which is why these ROCK. Because you pretty much can’t go wrong with the things you add. I made a big batch of quinoa right after this was devoured, and that would have been PERFECT to add into these!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- -2 eggs, large
- -1 egg white
- -1 tablespoon milk (any kind will work!)
- -pinch of sat
- -pinch of pepper
- -non-stick cooking spray
- -2 small corn tortillas
- -1/4 cup black beans
- -2-4 tablespoons salsa
- -1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream/Tzatziki Sauce
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, egg yolk, milk, salt, and pepper. Then, pour eggs onto pan.
- Scramble eggs with a spatula until cooked to desired consistency (I like mine well-done).
- Next, separate scrambled eggs between your tortillas and top with black beans, salsa, and Tzatziki Sauce.
- Feel free to add in any other toppings at this point! Some suggestions are: quinoa, brown rice, sauteed peppers and onions, corn, avocado, guacamole, etc.
How could I forget…also made with Kansan Farm Fresh Eggs from Blake’s dad! We still have about 18 eggs left and I have been savoring every single one of them ;)
These guys are called breakfast tacos, but I’m not going to lie…I ate them for lunch :) I am a total sweet tooth when it comes to breakfast and savory tooth for lunch. Good thing breakfast comes in all shapes and sizes, right?
Happy Tuesday (which actually feels like Monday)!