- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, liquid removed (~1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, you can line the tin with muffin liners.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Next, place butter in a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium/high to fully melt the butter. When the butter begins to caramelize, turn the heat off let sit in the pan until all butter has browned.
- Add browned butter into the dry ingredients along with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Mix to combine and then transfer the batter into the muffin tin. Each muffin should be about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-23 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to fully cool.
Serving Size: 1/12
Category: SnackMethod: OvenCuisine: American