- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, mashed
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients (leave out 1 tablespoon peanut butter for drizzle) into a medium-size pot and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the oatmeal has thickened. Stir often.
- Pour oatmeal into two bowls. Then, drizzle on 1/2 tablespoon of melted peanut butter on top of each bowl for the swirl. Last, add a few (optional) chocolate chips on top and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Storage: store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. We recommend reheating in the microwave and then adding the peanut butter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 Calories: 380 Sugar: 17 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 58 Fiber: 10 Protein: 11
Keywords: chocolate oatmeal