- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 small honey crisp apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- First, prepare vinaigrette. Add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper to a mason jar. Cover and shake. Set aside.
- Prepare fried shallots. Line a plate with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/low heat. Add ¼ cup olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant add the shallots. Cook the shallots for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until the shallots turn a golden brown color.
- Meanwhile, prepare the candied almonds. Heat a separate small skillet over medium/low heat. Add almonds and maple syrup to the skillet and toss so all the almonds are covered with maple syrup. Let the almonds cook for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown. Remove from heat and transfer them in a separate plate (they will harden as they cool). Set aside.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the browned shallots from the pan and place the shallot on top of the paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad. Place the butter lettuce in a large salad bowl. Spread the fennel, sliced apple, bell pepper, and almonds over the lettuce. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the ingredients and toss. Lastly, sprinkle the salad with fried shallots and parmesan cheese.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 363 Sugar: 12 Sodium: 173 Fat: 27 Carbohydrates: 28 Fiber: 5 Protein: 5 Cholesterol: 2
Category: SaladMethod: Stove TopCuisine: American
Keywords: Butter Lettuce Salad