- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 pre-cooked turkey sausage links, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium/high heat. Add avocado oil.
- When the avocado oil is fragrant, add butternut squash. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add yellow onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in turkey sausage, garlic, and thyme and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, add spinach and let it cook down for about 3-5 minutes.
- Create four divets in your squash hash with a spoon and crack an egg in each divet. If you would like to bake the eggs, cook for around 15-20 minutes at 350ºF. If you would like to fry your eggs, turn heat down to low/medium, cover pan and let cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 213 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 330 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 2 Protein: 12
Keywords: butternut squash breakfast hash