- 1/2 large butternut squash (cut hamburger style, the side with the seeds)
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF.Begin by prepping your butternut squash “bread” by peeling and slicing butternut squash in half hamburger-style. You should be working with the half of the butternut squash that has the seeds, so set the other half aside.
- Cut the half of butternut squash in half again, this time opening it up so you can seed it. Remove seeds.
- Then, form your butternut squash “bread” by slicing. You will need 4 pieces. The rest you can dice up and add to your other butternut squash recipes for the week.
- Place butternut squash “bread” on a baking sheet and rub with avocado oil. Then, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip.
- Then, crack an egg into each hole.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until eggs have reached desired texture.
Tips & Notes
- If your butternut squash does not have a very large hole once you’ve sliced it, you can use a knife to cut the hole open bigger.
- Be careful not to overcook your eggs.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/2 recipe Calories: 236 Sugar: 3 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 4 Protein: 14
Keywords: butternut squash egg in a frame