- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, separated
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Italian Tuscan Seasoning
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella, separated
- 1 cup parmesan, separated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, heat a large pot over medium/high heat and add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant add the onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pot and sauté the onion until it is translucent (3-4 minutes).
- Add garlic to the pot and sauté the garlic and the onion for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Then, deglaze the pot with the red wine. Use a spatula to scrap the garlic and onion from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the salt, balsamic vinegar, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, squash, and mushrooms to the pot and stir all the ingredients together. Bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce has come to a boil, turn the heat to low, cover, and let the sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a separate large pot of salted water to a boil and add the lasagna noodles to the pot. Let the noodles cook until the they are al dente.
- Strain the water from the noodles and spread the noodles out on a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil to be sure they do not stick together.
- Finally, combine the ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, fresh thyme, and garlic powder into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Construct the lasagna, first scoop 1/2 cup of the red sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. Set a layer of noodles on top of the sauce and then use a spatula to spread 1/2 cup of cheese sauce on top of the noodles. Add 1/2 cup more of sauce on top of the cheese sauce. Repeat this until the casserole dish is almost full.
- Be sure to end with a layer of sauce and then sprinkle the rest of the parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the red sauce.
- Cover the lasagna with tin foil and place the lasagna in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil from the casserole dish and place the lasagna back in the oven and turn the oven to broil. Broil the lasagna until the cheese turns golden brown.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes and then cut the lasagna into 9 pieces and serve.
Serving Size: 1/9
Category: DinnerMethod: OvenCuisine: American