- 1 pound shrimp, raw, deveined, and shucked
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 cups organic chicken broth, or any kind of broth
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain cornmeal
- 1/4 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) bag slaw of choice, OR 1/2 purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- For the shrimp, place all ingredients (except for avocado oil) into a mixing bowl. Mix well and place into the refrigerator.
- Prepare the slaw by placing slaw of choice, cilantro, and purple onion into a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Make dressing by whisking together honey, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Pour dressing over slaw and mix. Place in the refrigerator.
- Next, prepare the polenta by bringing broth to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add whole grain cornmeal and reduce to simmer. Cook polenta for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove polenta from heat and add Greek yogurt and Parmesan. Mix well, cover with tin foil, and set aside.
- Finally, prepare shrimp by heating avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When avocado oil is fragrant, add shrimp and excess spices into the pan. Cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side*. Remove from heat.
- Evenly distribute the polenta, shrimp, and slaw into six bowls or containers. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Shrimp cooks quickly. Be cognizant of how hot your pan is and how quickly shrimp may cook. Cook time varies by stove top.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 446 Sugar: 14 Fat: 14 Carbohydrates: 47 Fiber: 9 Protein: 30
Keywords: cajun shrimp