- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lb. chicken breast, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, separated
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz. mozzarella balls, halved
- 6 oz. penne pasta (any kind)
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- First, fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add penne pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente. Strain the pasta and set it aside until later.
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add the chicken, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Next, when chicken is partially cooked, add cherry tomatoes to the pot and cook the tomatoes, chicken, and garlic together until the tomatoes begin to stew (about 5 minutes).
- Add the balsamic vinegar, white wine, butter, and the rest of the salt and pepper to the pot, mix well, and let the liquid reduce by half (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the sauce from the heat and toss the noodles and mozzarella balls with the sauce.
- Add basil to the pasta right before serving, toss, and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 482 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 268 Fat: 24 Carbohydrates: 14 Fiber: 2 Protein: 51 Cholesterol: 133
Keywords: caprese chicken pasta