- 4 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4-oz. of mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, jarred in olive oil (~1 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze*
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Next, prepare chicken breasts by laying them flat on a cutting board. Then, using a meat tenderizer, pound until the chicken flattens out and is the same thickness all around, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Then, place about 1 oz. of mozzarella cheese, a few basil leaves, and a tablespoon of sun-dried tomatoes in the center of your chicken breast.
- Roll chicken breast, packing it tightly and then secure 2 pieces of baker’s twine.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle each stuffed chicken breast with olive oil. Bake at 375ºF for about 30 – 40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Tips & Notes
- Balsamic glaze: this can either be a homemade balsamic reduction or store-bought balsamic glaze.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 377 Fat: 21 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 3 Protein: 36
Keywords: stuffed chicken breast, baked stuffed chicken breast