- 1 large head of cauliflower, riced (~2-3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5-oz. frozen corn
- 5-oz. frozen shelled edamame
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced and separated
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cashews or peanuts
- First, line a medium sized bowl with a tea towel or cheese cloth. Set aside.
- Chop the cauliflower up into small pieces and place them in a high powered food processor. Be careful not to overfill the food processor. You may need to make the cauliflower in two batches.
- Pulse the cauliflower in the food processor on high until cauliflower turns into small rice sized pieces. Pour the cauliflower rice into the bowl lined with a towel. Repeat this step until all cauliflower pieces have been turned into rice.
- Add a pinch of salt to the cauliflower rice and stir. Let the cauliflower rice sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Finally, twist the top of the tea towel to strain the excess water from the cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Begin by heating a large skillet pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant add the cauliflower rice to the pan and spread it out all over the skillet. Let the cauliflower sauté for 2-3 minutes without moving it around, it must start to brown.
- Then, use a spatula to move the cauliflower rice around and brown the rest of the cauliflower rice for another 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, edamame, red pepper, and 2 green onions (you’ll use the rest later) to the pan and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and fish sauce together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Create a pocket in the middle of your pan by moving the rice to the edges. Crack two eggs into the well and then scramble with a fork. Cook egg for about a minute and then mix with the rest of the veggies.
- Finally. add in soy sauce mixture to the pan. Mix all of the ingredients together and cook everything for 4-5 minutes and serve!
- Top with the remaining green onions and chopped cashews.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 200 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 732 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 2 Protein: 9 Cholesterol: 62
Keywords: cauliflower fried rice