Easy, tasty, nutritious- all things I love about a homemade dish!
Meet- Cheesy Mexican Macaroni Pasta.
This meal is actually something I threw together in like 20 minutes. It was a day where I was in a hurry, had just cleaned the kitchen, and didn’t want to dirty up 4 different pots and pans. I wasn’t expecting it to be a blog post, but here we are!
Classic Mac is rich and creamy, this is light and simple….with lots of extra goodies added.
I used gluten free brown rice noodles. I heart brown rice noodles. You can’t even tell a difference from normal white pasta…and the best part is, they are whole grain.
I found some colorful organic grilled corn in the frozen section at whole foods. Sadly, I didn’t make those gorgeous grill marks myself :D That would be TALENT!
I seasoned this pasta with a drizzle of EVOO, some garlic powder, cumin, and the secret fire ingredient: cayenne pepper.
WARNING- hot flames ahead.
On top is where the magic happens. Fresh sliced tomatoes with bite sized pieces of avocado and fresh cilantro.
That’s what’s up.
Cheesy Mexican Macaroni Pasta
- -1 lb. macaroni pasta (I used brown rice noodles, gluten free)
- -2 cups Mexican-style cheese
- -1 can black beans, rinsed
- -2 cups frozen or canned corn
- -1/3 cup milk, any kind will work
- -drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- -2 teaspoons cumin
- -1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- -1 teaspoon garlic powder
- -salt and pepper
- -Toppings: diced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Then cook your macaroni pasta according to the package.
- Once pasta has fully cooked (I like my andante), drain and place in an oven safe large pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss. Then, add in frozen corn and black beans and mix. Add seasonings (garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper) and toss again. Pour on milk and add cheese and mix until everything is combined.
- Place pan in oven and bake at 350 for 15 minute or until the cheese has melted.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare toppings by dicing tomato, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve pasta with another sprinkle of cayenne pepper, ground pepper, and lots of toppings!
PIN FOR LATER