Crust and Crumble Topping
- 3 cups superfine almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quartered pitted, fresh cherries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next, create your crust and crumble. Mix all crumble ingredients together. You’re going to want to make sure that the coconut oil is slightly melted, but not liquid. You do this so the dough is more of a crumble, but can still be pressed together into a crust.
- Then, take 2/3 of the mixture and press it evenly onto the bottom of your pan. Set the rest of the crust/crumble mixture aside. This is what you will use for the crumble topping.
- Bake crust at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Remove crust and set aside.
- Next, place all ingredients for the cherry filling (except for the tapioca flour) into a medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium/high and bring the filling to a boil, stirring often and breaking up the cherries. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 20 minutes (don’t skimp on this! It’s important to break down the cherries or your bars will be too wet.). Continue stirring.
- Once the filling has cooked for 20 minutes and has become liquidy with cherry chunks, add in 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour and stir until there are no more clumps and the cherry filling has thickened.
- Pour filling on top of the crust and spread out evenly. Then, sprinkle the rest of the crumble mixture over the top of the cherry filling.
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 350ºF.
- While bars are baking mix everything together for the drizzle into a small bowl and transfer to a Ziploc bag or a pastry bag. If you are using a Ziploc bag, snip the tip of the bag. The smaller the hole, the smaller the drizzle. Set aside,
- Let cool for 20 minutes before drizzling the cherry cobbler bars with drizzle. Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours (or for best results, overnight) to let the filling set. Slice and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 353 Sugar: 10 Sodium: 52 Fat: 22 Fiber: 6 Protein: 11
Keywords: cherry cobbler