- 12 pieces of whole wheat/gluten-free bread
- 8 eggs, large
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups cherries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Slice 12 pieces of bread into bite size pieces by slicing into thirds, turning 90 degrees, and slicing into thirds again. Set aside.
- Prep cherries, by pitting and dicing.
- Place half of the bread pieces on the bottom of the casserole dish. Then, sprinkle on half of the cherries. Place the rest of the bread on top and then sprinkle the rest of the cherries on.
- Create your egg mixture by whisking together 8 large eggs, ¾ cup almond milk , 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Once combined, evenly pour mixture on top of bread and cherries. Using your hands, press bread down into the egg mixture to moisten as many pieces as possible. If the top are sticking out of the egg mixture, this is okay!
- Bake at 375ºF for 35-45 minutes. Check the center of french toast bake at 35 minutes and then every 5 minutes from there. You’ll want the egg mixture to be firm and cooked all the way through. Note: the cook time depends on how deep your casserole dish is.