- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 3.8-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt, to taste
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme*
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary*
- 8 oz. of your favorite pasta
- Place red pepper, green pepper, garlic, chicken breast, onion, and black olives into slow cooker.
- Create sauce by mixing together tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Then, pour sauce on top of ingredients in the slow cooker and mix together.
- Finally, create fresh herb bundle by tying thyme and rosemary together with twine. Set on top of everything in slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken has fully cooked, remove and use 2 forks to shred. Then, remove herb bundle and add the shredded chicken back in and mix.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or eat by itself with a splash of balsamic vinegar and shredded parmesan on top.
Tips & Notes
- If you do not want to use fresh herbs you can alternatively add 1 more tablespoon of Italian seasoning in place of thyme and rosemary.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 471 Sugar: 15 Sodium: 718 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 63 Fiber: 10 Protein: 35
Keywords: chicken cacciatore