- 1 medium Idaho potato, diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, minced (~1/2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning, divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 links precooked chicken breakfast sausage, chunked (4.5 oz.)
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF and spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Then dice potatoes and mince jalapeños. Place in baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Lightly season with 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning. Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, whisk together 10 eggs and 1/4 cup of almond milk. Set aside. Then, prepare peppers and onions by finely dicing.
- Once the potatoes have roasted, remove from oven and turn down to 350ºF. Add the rest of the veggies along with the sliced breakfast sausage to the baking dish and season with the rest of your fajita seasoning. Toss to evenly coat everything.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of veggies and mix until combined.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350ºF for 40 minutes. Then, add cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips & Notes
Storage: will stay in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 281 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 967 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 2 Protein: 19
Keywords: breakfast casserole