- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 serrano pepper*
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seed**
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups broth, any kind
- 1 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red potatoes, chopped into 1.5-inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Next, cut the chicken into 1-inch squares and place it in a medium bowl. Add ingredients for the marinade to the bowl and mix well. Let chicken sit in the marinade for ten minutes.
- Heat a large skillet pan over medium/high heat. Place serrano pepper in the pan and heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until pepper is charred. In the last minute of cooking the pepper, add fenugreek to the skillet, toasting the seeds until fragrant. Remove from heat and when the pepper is cool, chop and add pepper and fenugreek to casserole dish.
- Then, add tomato sauce, broth, coconut milk, ginger, chili powder, garam masala, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- Finally, add potatoes, red pepper, onion, garlic, jasmine rice, and marinated chicken to the casserole dish. Pour the sauce mixture over the vegetables and chicken. Mix well and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour at 375ºF, stirring at 30 minutes and placing back into the oven.
Tips & Notes
- Feel free to substitute with your favorite pepper.
- If you don’t have fenugreek, substitute fennel.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 416 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 54 Fiber: 4 Protein: 16
Keywords: healthy meal, meal prep