- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups red potatoes, chopped into 1.5-inch cubes
- 1 serrano pepper, mined
- 1–15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth, separate
- 1–15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- 1.5 cups minute rice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place red potatoes in the casserole dish with 1/4 cup chicken broth and place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- Next, cut the chicken into 1-inch squares and place it in a medium bowl. Add ingredients for the marinade to the bowl and mix well. Let chicken sit in the marinade for ten minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting prepare the sauce. Add tomato sauce, 1 cup chicken broth, coconut milk, ginger, chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done roasting remove the casserole from the oven and turn the oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Add the red pepper, serrano pepper, onion, garlic, minute rice, and marinated chicken to the casserole dish with the potatoes.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the vegetables and chicken. Mix well and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes at 375ºF, stirring at 30 minutes and placing back into the oven.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was modified and updated on January 28th 2021.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 416 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 54 Fiber: 4 Protein: 16
Keywords: healthy meal, meal prep