Pizza is something that Blake and I don’t eat a lot of. We aren’t big fans of the greasiness- so if we do eat pizza, it’s usually specialty pizza made with healthier ingredients. I’ve been looking for WHOLE WHEAT pre-made pizza crust and I finally found some a Super Target this weekend- Baboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.
All you have to do is top it with your favorite ingredients and stick it in the oven for 12-20 minutes depending on if you have to cook your meat or not! I purposefully bought some Gold n’ Plump Hot Italian Chicken Sausages just for this!
Chicken Tomato Feta Pizza
- Baboli 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 plum tomatoes
- 1 Gold n’ Plump Chicken Sausage (I used the Hot Italian Flavor), uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4 Penzey’s Pizza Seasoning
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400F.
- Then, in a small bowl, mix together tomato paste, tomato sauce, and italian seasonings. Using a spoon, spread the sauce onto your pizza crust until fully coated. I didn’t use all of it because I’m not the sauciest person ;)
- Next, sprinkle on sliced onion, plum tomatoes, and feta cheese. Then, take an italian sausage and break open the casing. Spread small chunks of uncooked sausage around the pizza. I used an entire sausage.
- Finally, sprinkle on garlic powder and pizza seasoning.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the sausage has fully cooked.
I will be purchasing this crust again and making another variety! By the end of the summer I want to try and make grilled pizza :) Love me some grill marks.
Last but not least….WE’RE GOING TO MONTANA!
Blake and I are driving out to Missoula the week of the 4th of July with my girlfriend Linley and spending a few days out there and then heading to Yellowstone for a few days! It will be a 10 day trip with lots of sight seeing, driving, and fun.