- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large red pepper, minced
- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups kale, packed
- fresh lime juice, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, add garlic, onion, ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Next, add coconut milk, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste garam masala, curry powder, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix to combine and bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, add red pepper and garbanzo beans and turn the heat down to low/medium. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add in kale and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted.
- Serve over your favorite grain with a fresh squeeze of lime juice.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 379 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 520 Fat: 20 Carbohydrates: 37 Fiber: 11 Protein: 13 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chickpea curry