- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, partially melted
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with around 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Next, mash 1 banana in a medium-size bowl until it’s smooth and become almost like a liquid. Add in the rest of the liquid ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add in liquid ingredients and combine.
- Then, pour the batter into your cast iron skillet and bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1/8 cake
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 17
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 6