I have 2 words for you.
This recipe was done in collaboration with FitFluential and Designer Whey. Two of my favorite brands :) I love doing recipes for Designer Whey because I get to be really creative. I get to take a non-typical baking product, and bake with it!
I’m pretty much eating my screen as I type this…
The way I made this cake is gluten free, but you can sub the gf flour for normal flour or even whole wheat flour. I topped my chocolate protein cake with a blob of drippy almond butter and some unsweetened shredded coconut.
I just at the screen again.
So instead of eating your screen…here is the recipe :D
Chocolate Protein Cake
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2T Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate protein powder
- 1T gluten free flour (or all-purpose/whole-wheat flour)
- 1T almond flour
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if you use all-purpose/whole-wheat flour)
- 1 egg, large
- 2T almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
- 1/2t vanilla extract
- 1t coconut oil (optional)
- Spray a small ramekin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Next, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium size bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then, add egg, vanilla extract, and almond milk and mix until there are no lumps. Pour batter into a small ramekin and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until firm.
Yay for the weekend.
I am actually headed to Chicago for a Fitness and Health Blogger Event hosted by Verizon Wireless. I also get to run in the Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 7k. Get ready for an overload of photos over the next few days. I’ll be sure to keep you updated via instagram and my facebook page :)
Have a great weekend!