- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder*
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- optional: 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix. The consistency should be similar to cookie dough. It should NOT be crumbly and if it is, this is a sign your peanut butter is not drippy enough and we recommend adding 1-2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of dough into your palms and roll into a ball. Flatten cookie dough between your palms creating a cookie shape and place on baking sheet. Note that your cookies won’t expand a lot, so flattening is important.
- Optionally place mini chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan so that the protein cookies can set. If you remove them too soon, they may break in half.
Tips & Notes
- Peanut butter: make sure that you use a drippy, all-natural peanut butter such as Smuckers, 365 or Kirkland.
- Protein Powder: for this recipe, we recommend whey protein. Our favorites include Tera’s Whey and Organic Valley.
- Nutrition information is without chocolate chips.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 cookie Calories: 199 Sugar: 11 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 15 Fiber: 2 Protein: 10
Keywords: Protein cookies, protein cookie recipe