- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a standard-size bread pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine. Then, add in the melted coconut oil and mix again to combine.
- Pour batter into the greased bread pan, sprinkle on a few extra chocolate chips, and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until the center is fully cooked. Check the top of the pumpkin bread for around 30 minutes and add a tin foil tent if it begins to brown too quickly.
- Remove pumpkin bread from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and remove from the pan to finish cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/9 Calories: 273 Sugar: 14 Sodium: 164 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 4 Protein: 6 Cholesterol: 46
Keywords: chocolate pumpkin bread