- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 15-oz can sweet corn
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 large red onion, minced
- 2 large avocados, sliced (for serving)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, fresh
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced (1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Once quinoa is cooked, place in a large Tupperware and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Prepare dressing by placing all ingredients into a mason jar. Put cap on and shake until combined.
- Prepare salad, by mixing together cooked quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, and red onion. Mix until combined. Then, pour on dressing and mix again.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 307 Sugar: 4 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 35 Fiber: 8 Protein: 9
Keywords: Mexican quinoa salad, quinoa salad, quinoa salad recipes