- 3 large avocados, ripe
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced (~1.5 tablespoons)
- 1/3 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium lime, juice (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, freshly chopped
- optional: 1/2 large jalapeno, finely diced
- First, remove the pits from your avocados and then scoop out the flesh and transfer it into a medium-size bowl. Use a fork to mash avocado flesh until smooth. Alternatively, you can leave some chunks, if you prefer a more chunky guacamole.
- Next, add in minced garlic, finely diced onion, lime juice, sea salt, and cilantro, and mix until combined.
- Give guacamole a taste test and adjust the salt and lime juice depending on what it needs.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Tips & Notes
- Storage: We recommend eating guacamole immediately after you make it. However, if you have leftovers, place guacamole into a medium bowl and squeeze on some lime juice. Then, cover it with a piece of plastic wrap and remove as much air as possible. Store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Nutrition information does not include chips.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 182 Sugar: 1 Fat: 16 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 8 Protein: 5
Category: AppetizerMethod: No BakeCuisine: Mexican
Keywords: homemade guacamole, guacamole recipe