Homemade Granola really is my perfect snack. I am a carb lover with a major sweet-tooth! That’s been the hardest thing for me during NYNR—cutting the sugar. I’m used to a handful or two (or three) or dark chocolate chips after dinner (and sometimes lunch).
During NYNR, it is suggested that we limit our natural sugar intake as well as cut out all refined sugars. AKA be mindful with the amount of honey, agave, and other natural sweeteners I am consuming. NYNR or not, I think I was eating way too much sugar.
This granola is perfectly crunchy with a hint of honey.
I’ve been on the look out for shredded coconut like this, the larger pieces. I think I found this bag at Cub Foods, a local grocery store chain here in the Twin Cities. It gives such a better texture than the finely shredded kind!
Coconut Chia Granola
- -2C Rolled Oatmeal, certified gluten free
- -1C Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- -1/4C Chia Seeds
- -1/4C Olive Oil
- -1/4C Honey
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and honey.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together rolled oatmeal, shredded coconut, and chia seeds. Then pour on liquid mixture and toss.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the coconut starts to brown.
- *After the granola cooled, I drizzled a bit more honey and gave it another toss to create clusters.
One of my favorite ways to eat granola is like Overnight Oats…but with the granola! I used Silk Vanilla Almond Milk. I let it soak in the fridge while I was skiing, and when I came back…Mmm Mmm Goodness!
Like I promised…here are a couple of my favorite ski/showshoe pictures…
Blake being crazy!
Drinkin’ Beer in a Mason Jar
Me and B!
Family Photo :)