I know you are all dying to know what the secret ingredient of tonight’s dinner was….Coconut!! Clare and I used an array of cocoNUTTY ingredients: coconut milk, unsweetened shredded coconut, and coconut oil!
Last night at TJ’s I stumbled upon coconut milk for only .99 cents! At a normal grocery story, coconut milk is a bit more pricey, $2.50 and up!
Coconut Crusted Chicken Salads
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3 T whole wheat flour
- 3 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ~2 T coconut oil
- Cut chicken breasts into slices and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine whole wheat flour, unsweetened shredded coconut, salt and pepper. In a different bowl, crack an egg and beat lightly.
- Dip chicken slices into the egg and then roll in the coconut/four mixture.
- Heat coconut oil over medium/high heat and sauté the chicken until golden brown.
- 2 T coconut milk
- 2 T lime juice
- 1/2 T sour cream
- 1/2 t soy sauce
- 1/2 t curry powder
I have almost an entire can of coconut milk left over! Any ideas of what else I can make??