- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together coconut, maple syrup, egg whites, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Use a 1/4 cup to scoop the coconut mixture into your palm and compress together. Place on baking sheet and shape into a dome with the palm of your hand. Repeat.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until the macaroons begin to turn golden brown on the sides.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the bottom of each macaroon with chocolate by melting chocolate chips in the microwave and stirring until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of each macaroon into the melted chocolate (gently), set on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat.
- When chocolate has cooled and hardened, enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 macaroon