- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini, moisture removed* (~1 large zucchini)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine. Then, add in all of the wet ingredients minus the coconut oil and mix to combine. Add melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place a tin foil tent over the zucchini bread and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the bread is done (stick a toothpick in the bread and if the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done.).
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the loaf tin to continue cooling.
Tips & Notes
- Coarsely grated zucchini– use a coarse grate cheese grater to grate your zucchini. Keep the skin on and grate zucchini. Next, place grated zucchini in the middle of a tea towel or cheesecloth and ring out as much moisture as possible. Then, measure 1 cup.
- This recipe was updated on September 9, 2020.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 244 Sugar: 26 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 45 Fiber: 4 Protein: 5
Keywords: zucchini bread recipe