- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen works too)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or more to make it thinner)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then, in a large bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add maple syrup, almond milk, applesauce, and orange extract, and mix.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the greased bread pan and place it in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- While the bread is baking prepare the glaze.
- Place the cream cheese into a small bowl and then heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds on high or until cream cheese begins to soften.
- Remove from the microwave and mix until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the cream cheese until the mixture is runny. Set aside.
- Remove the bread from the oven.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the bread pan to continue cooling. Let cool for at least an hour before drizzlin the glaze over the bread.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/10 Calories: 204 Sugar: 20 Sodium: 161 Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4 Cholesterol: 43
Keywords: cranberry orange bread