- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen works too)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin tin with muffin liners. We suggest also spraying your muffin liners with cooking spray just in case.
- Next, place dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Then, in a large bowl crack 2 eggs and whisk. Add maple syrup, almond milk, applesauce, and orange extract, and mix.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then mix. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Fill each muffin about ¾ to all the way full (these are going to be big muffins). Then, place in the oven at 350ºF and bake for 18-22 minutes or until the center is fully cooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from the muffin tin to continue cooling.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 muffin Calories: 144 Sugar: 14 Sodium: 115 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 25 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3 Cholesterol: 31
Keywords: cranberry orange muffins