Say Helloooooooooo to my Go-To Recipe of Summer 2014!!!
First of all, I can’t wait for warm weather season to blast off into action and second of all, MAKE THIS DIP RIGHT NOW.
All you need are 3 simple ingredients:
- Fresh Strawberries
- Coconut Cream
And boom goes the dynamite. You’ve got the perfect, healthy fruit dip that that will make you host of the year this summer! And- that’s a fact!
There is no need for any added sugar, but if you just HAVE to add some, I suggest coconut sugar or organic cane sugar.
I am a kefir fan, which is why I added a cup, but if you are dairy free or paleo- feel free to omit and just use coconut cream and pureed strawberries. It will be just as tasty, I promise!
The coconut cream you ask- I get mine from Trader Joe’s.
Served with fresh berries is the way to do it. This would also be tasty with graham crackers or layered in a parfait, too 😀
For my personal snack, I dolloped (yes I turned that into a verb) on top of some berries with a sprinkle of hemp seeds for the win!
Creamy Strawberry Coconut Fruit Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup kefir
- 1 can (about 1.5 cups) coconut cream
- Place strawberries and kefir n a food processor or magic bullet. Process until smooth. Then, transfer to a medium size bowl and add in a can of coconut cream. Mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Place dip into refrigerator for about 2 hours. Then, using a hand held mixer, mix on high for about 30 seconds – 1 minute, or until it becomes a little fluffy.
Also- I am updating this after a few questions on what coconut cream is. I did a little research and this is what I found from TheKitchn.com–
• Coconut milk: Coconut milk has the liquid consistency of cow’s milk and is made from simmering one part shredded coconut in one part water. Coconut milk is the basis of most Thai curries.
• Coconut cream: Coconut cream is much thicker and richer. It is made from simmering four parts shredded coconut in one part water. The cream that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk is also considered coconut cream.
• Cream of coconut: Cream of coconut is a sweetened version of coconut cream, and is often used for desserts and mixed drinks. Because of the added sugar, it is usually not interchangeable with coconut cream.
I’ve got a big 10 weeks coming up.
Lots of planning.
Lots of recipes.
Lots of work.
I will officially be working on my first ever e-cookbook starting Monday! I hope you guys like Single Serve Desserts Recipes fully equipped with gluten free, paleo, and vegan options! I can’t wait to bring you along my adventure.