- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 4 cups chopped kale, packed
- 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, with liquid
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16-oz. potato gnocchi, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan (+ more for topping)
- First, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Next season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a deep cast-iron skillet or Dutch oven over medium/high heat. When the olive oil is fragrant, sear chicken thighs on both sides for 2 minutes to brown. Remove chicken thighs from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium/high heat. Once melted, sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped kale and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Then, add in chicken broth and heavy cream and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Add Italian seasoning, uncooked gnocchi, and shredded parmesan cheese and mix everything together. Submerge the chicken thighs in the sauce and veggies.
- Bake at 375ºF for around 15 minutes or until your chicken thighs reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Once the thighs are fully cooked, let rest for 5 minutes. Then, toss everything together and make sure the thighs are nice and coated in the sauce.
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper and more parmesan cheese.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 391 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 629 Fat: 26 Carbohydrates: 19 Fiber: 3 Protein: 24 Cholesterol: 108
Keywords: chicken and gnocchi