Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 20 oz. frozen vegetable mix
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 large russet potato, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat or white flour
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place everything for your chicken pot pie soup into the slow cooker. Mix well and make sure chicken is submerged in liquid.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on high for 2-4 hours OR on low for 6-8 hours.
- With 1 hour remaining in your cook time, start making your roux*.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium/high heat.
- Lower heat to medium heat and add flour to butter. Mix with a whisk until mixture turns into a crumble. Remove from heat.
- Add roux to the slow cooker and whisk soup until butter and flour mixture dissolves.
- Place cover on slow cooker, turn to high if it’s not already on high, and let cook for an additional 1 hour to allow broth to thicken.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from slow cooker and cut into bite-sized chunks. Add chicken back to the slow cooker and mix.
- Finally, add heavy cream to soup, mix, and serve!
Serving Size: 1/6 Calories: 318 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 1055 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 17 Fiber: 2 Protein: 25
Category: DinnerMethod: Slow CookerCuisine: American