For the Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning (or 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 16-oz. jar salsa
- 1/4 cup water (or broth)
For the Tacos
- Street taco tortillalas
- Fresh cilantro
- Minced red pepper/tomato
- Sour cream
- First, season chicken breast with taco seasoning, making sure to cover both sides.
- Next, pour about ½ cup of salsa onto the bottom of your slow cooker and mix with ¼ cup water. Then, place chicken breast on top.
- Pour the rest of the salsa on top of the chicken.
- Close and cook on:
- Low: 6-8 hours (recommended)
- High: 3 hours
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Then, mix the shredded chicken with the salsa in the slow cooker. Cover and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on low to thicken the sauce.
- Serve slow cooker chicken taco meat in tacos, on nachos, or in a bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is just for the slow cooker chicken tacos meat.
- This recipe was updated on April 5, 2021. For the original recipe click HERE.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 170 Sugar: 0 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 36
Keywords: crockpot chicken tacos, crockpot shredded chicken tacos