- 3 lbs. fresh or frozen uncooked chicken wings
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by prepping chicken wings. If frozen, thaw chicken wings in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Then, season uncooked chicken wings with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the bottom and sides of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken wings on the bottom. Pour in 1/2 cup of bbq sauce and mix until chicken wings are fully coated
- Cook in the slow cooker on high for 2 hours.
- Then, remove chicken wings from slow cooker and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush on an additional 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce to both sides of the chicken wings.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bake chicken wings for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Broil: Preheat oven to high broil. Broil on high for 2-5 minutes (depending on how hot your oven gets), flipping halfway.
- Grill: Preheat grill to 450ºF. Grill chicken wings for around 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- The goal for baking, broiling, or grilling your chicken wings after is to create a nice thick coating of bbq sauce. This should also harden the skin a bit so it’s not so moist from the slow cooker.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is for 8 servings and uses Annie’s Organic BBQ Sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 365 Sugar: 4 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 6 Fiber: 0 Protein: 29
Keywords: crockpot chicken wings