- 3 lbs. uncooked chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce, divided (or more if desired)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by prepping chicken wings. If frozen, thaw chicken wings in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Then, season uncooked wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spray the bottom and sides of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken wings on the bottom. Pour in 1/2 cup of bbq sauce and mix until chicken is fully coated
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for around 2 hours or low for around 4 hours. You know your wings are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Once fully, option to eat immediately. Or, we recommend caramelizing sauce and crisping them up a bit. Remove chicken wings from slow cooker and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush on an additional 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce to both sides of the chicken wings.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Bake chicken wings for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Broil: Preheat oven to high broil. Broil on high for 2-5 minutes (depending on how hot your oven gets), flipping halfway.
- Grill: Preheat grill to 450ºF. Grill chicken wings for around 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- The goal for baking, broiling, or grilling your wings after is to create a caramelized coating of bbq sauce. This should also harden the skin a bit so it’s not so moist from the slow cooker.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then eat with your favorite sauces.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is for 8 servings and uses Annie’s Organic BBQ Sauce.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 Calories: 365 Sugar: 4 Fat: 25 Carbohydrates: 6 Fiber: 0 Protein: 29
Category: AppetizerMethod: Slow CookerCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: crock pot chicken wings