- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- First, create your honey garlic sauce. Whisk together minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, and red chili garlic sauce un the honey has fully dissolved.
- Next, place chicken breast onto the bottom of your slow cooker. Then, pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook for 2-3 hours OR low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Once your chicken is fully cooked (165ºF internally) and tender, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred.
- If you wish to thicken the sauce, remove 1/4 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and whisk in 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch until it dissolved. Then, pour that back into the slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Then, add the chicken back into the crockpot and mix it with the sauce. Cover and let cook for 10 more minutes on high so that the sauce can fully thicken.
- Serve with your favorite grain and vegetable. Top with sesame seeds and green onion.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition is just for the chicken.
- Cornstarch is optional, but your sauce will be thin if you don’t use it.
- This recipe was slightly updated on January 19, 2022. Nothing major was changed.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 214 Sugar: 23 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 26 Fiber: 0 Protein: 25
Keywords: honey garlic chicken, slow cooker honey garlic chicken