For the Oatmeal
- 1.5 cups Better Oats Steel Cut Oats* (6 pouches)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups unsweetened cartoned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
For the toppings
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup date caramel (10 dates + 1/4 cup water)
- Place all ingredients (except for shredded coconut) into a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 6-8. Stir every once in a while.
- When oatmeal is to your preferred consistency, stir in shredded coconut.
- Place in a bowl and to top with melted chocolate and date caramel.* Option to serve with a splash of unsweetened coconut milk.
Tips & Notes
*If you are using a regular steel cut oatmeal (not quick cooking) add 2 more cups of cartoned coconut milk.
-Toppings are not included in nutrition information.
-To lower the calories and fat contents, use lite coconut milk instead of full-fat.