- First, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, minced garlic, and sriracha together.
- Then, place chicken and onion into a large crock pot and pour on sauce.
- Turn crockpot to high and let cook for 1.5-2 hours. Or, alternatively, cook on low for 6-8.
- At 1.5 hours, check the chicken breasts to see if they are fully cooked (not pink in the middle). Once they are cooked, take chicken breast out and shred them using two forks.
- Before placing shredded chicken back into crockpot, add 1 tablespoons of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until it dissolves. Place shredded chicken back into the pot, add sesame seeds, mix with sauce, and let cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.
- Serve with white sticky rice, steamed broccoli, and more sesame seeds.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition does not include rice or brocolli.
- This recipe was updated in August 2018.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 236 Sugar: 23 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 1 Protein: 26
Keywords: crockpot sesame chicken, healthy chicken crock pot recipes