- 16-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 large breasts)
- 12 oz. salsa, any kind
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can white northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place all ingredients minus the chicken breasts into your slow cooker. Mix until combined. Then, place chicken breasts on top and cover.
- Turn crockpot to high and cook for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours, stirring periodically.
- Then, remove the chicken from the crockpot and shred using two forks. Place shredded chicken back in the crockpot and mix until combined.
- Serve with all of your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, and avocado.
Tips & Notes
- Spices- option to use 3-4 tablespoons homemade chili seasoning.
- Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This is an excellent freezer meal! Let cool completely and then transfer into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and place into the freezer. Will stay for up to 3 months.
- If you like a little bit more heat, feel free to swap hot sauce for the apple cider vinegar.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 275 Sugar: 5 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 33 Fiber: 9 Protein: 27
Keywords: chicken chili, crockpot chicken recipes