- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup broth or water
- 6 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 1/2 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- First, prepare homemade fajita seasoning mix by following the recipe in this post. You will need to double that recipe to get 6 tablespoons. Then, set aside.
- Next, spray the bottom of your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 lb. chicken breast onto the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Core and thinly slice bell peppers and thinly slice a large yellow onion and add those veggies to the slow cooker.
- Pour in a can of tomato sauce and 1/4 cup of broth and sprinkle on fajita seasoning.
- Mix well, making sure that everything is coated.
- Clean the sides of your slow cooker with a spatula and make sure that the chicken breast is sitting underneath all of the veggies.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for around 6.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked. Remove and cut into thin slices.
- Put the chicken slices back into the crockpot and mix everything together.
- Then, add in the juice from 1/2 medium lime and 1 tablespoon hot sauce (if desired) and mix again.
- Serve with your favorite street taco shells and all the fajita fixings.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition does not include tortillas and toppings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 226 Sugar: 11 Fat: 4 Carbohydrates: 23 Fiber: 5 Protein: 25
Keywords: crockpot chicken fajitas