- 6 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes (golden potatoes), rinsed and chopped into 1-inch pieces*
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4-oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (we used 2%) or sour cream
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh sage
- Salted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives
- Spray a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the golden potatoes, broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the slow cooker. Mix until well combined.
- Next, break the cream cheese up into 4-5 pieces and spread it over the top of the potatoes. Repeat with the 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook the potatoes on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes fall apart to the touch and are fork-tender, uncover the slow cooker and stir the ingredients together.
- Add the Greek yogurt/sour cream to the slow cooker and stir again until combined.
- Use a hand mixer, immersion blender, or potato masher to mash the potatoes until they have a thick and creamy consistency. Feel free to leave them chunkier if that’s your jam, but make sure not to over mix!
- Serve immediately and garnish if your favorite toppings such as fresh herbs, butter, salt, and pepper, or chives.
Tips & Notes
- We kept the skin on the potatoes. If you prefer peeled potatoes, feel free to peel them.
- The bigger you slice your potatoes, the longer they will take to cook in your slow cooker.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/12 Calories: 243 Sugar: 1 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 41 Fiber: 3 Protein: 2
Keywords: crockpot mashed potatoes