Peanut Butter Layer (bottom layer)
- 2/3 cup all-natural peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia for keto option)
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (+more for topping)
- sea salt, to taste
Jelly Layer (top layer)
- 1/4 cup jelly or preserves (any kind will work!) or keto friendly jam
- First, line muffin tin with nonstick cupcake liners and set aside.
- Prepare the peanut butter layer by placing peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and chopped peanuts into a medium-size bowl and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon as your scoop, scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin liner. Repeat until you’ve evenly distributed into 12 liners. Set aside.
- Prepare jelly drizzle by placing jelly into a small bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds to a minute. Stir.
- Carefully drizzle 1 teaspoon of jelly over the top of each peanut butter cup. Use a fork or toothpick to swirl the jelly into the peanut butter.
- Top with additional chopped peanuts and place in freezer for 20 minutes or until firm.
Tips & Notes
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace maple syrup with honey or liquid stevia.
- Option to replace peanut butter with any other nut butter such as cashew or almond.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 fat bomb Calories: 131 Sugar: 8 Sodium: 63 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 11 Fiber: 9 Protein: 4
Keywords: Fat Bomb