- 2/3 cup all-natural peanut butter, creamy (any nut butter will work)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey (option to sub maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- sea salt (for topping)
Optional Chocolate Drizzle
- First, line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Place peanut butter, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and honey into a medium-size bowl and mix until combined.
- Then, add in rice crispy cereal and mix again.
- Using a tablespoon as your scoop, scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin liner. Repeat until you’ve evenly distributed into 12 liners.
- Place in freezer for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
- Prepare optional chocolate drizzle by placing chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds to a minute, or until melted. Stir until combined.
- Once the peanut butter cups have firmed up in the freezer, remove and drizzle with chocolate mixture and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Tips & Notes
- If your batter isn’t easily poured into the cupcake tin, add more melted coconut oil. You do not want your batter to be too thick and sometimes thickness is dependent on how oily your nut butter is.
- Option to replace honey with maple syrup.
- Option to replace peanut butter with any other nut butter such as cashew or almond.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition information does not include chocolate drizzle.