Start the new year off fresh and healthy by adding some of these detoxifying recipes into your meal plan. They are filled with tons of super foods, antioxidants, and whole ingredients!
I totally pulled a….the diet starts tomorrow….this holiday season. I didn’t really go overboard with the sweets, just with the amount of food I ate in general. A lot of it was really healthy and a lot of it was starchy and high-carb. I am totally ready to re-introduce all things detoxifying back into my life AKA daily hot lemon water, lots of dark leafy greens, and tons of super foods in general.
When people find out that I am a healthy food blogger, some of the first questions I get are: are you a vegetarian? Are you gluten-free? Do you eat meat? They are all usually related to diet and thing is- I don’t really follow any certain diet. With my eating disorder past, I’ve found that limiting my diet to only certain foods or telling myself I can’t eat certain foods is not good for my mental health. This is why I can not call myself gluten-free (even though I was for years) or paleo or give myself any sort of title.
I do know that there are certain foods that make me feel better on the inside and out, where as others make me feel bloated and blah. Have you heard the saying…”Do you live to eat or eat to live?” Folks- I’m the type that lives to eat…which is why I’ll never turn down dessert :D
So you see- what I am saying, is it’s time to get back to the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time my diet will be VERY fit foodie (green food, fresh produce, lean protein, smooothies/juices, whole grains, etc.) and 20% of the time my diet will be a wee bit slackish (cookies and ice cream are my weakness). I want to start 2015 off with a bang…(gin’ body), and a plan of action to stay on track!
With the help of some of my blogger frands, I’ve pulled together some “detox” (I use this as a loose term….almost synonymous with fresh and healthy) recipes to inspire us all to kick off 2015 with a rainbow of foods!
1. Superfood Detox Salad by Fit Foodie Finds
2. Blueberry Flax Superfood Smoothie by Fit Foodie Finds
3. Superfood Meatloaf Sliders by Fit Foodie Finds
4. Papaya Turmeric Mocktail from Spabettie
5. Almond Berry and Chicken Spinach Salad from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
6. Quinoa Vegetable Soup from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
7. Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Honey Citrus Vinaigrette from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
8. Macadamia Pesto with Grilled Mahi Mahi from Food Faith Fitness
9. Kale Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries and Toasted Almonds from Ambitious Kitchen
10. Israeli Quinoa Salad from The Healthy Maven
11. Apple Walnut Rainbow Chard Salad from An Edible Mosaic
12. Detox Green Smoothie from Running to the Kitchen
13. Beet Turmeric and Mango Smoothie from The Roasted Root
14. Winter Chopped Kale Salad from With Food and Love
15. Detox Fruit and Veggie Rice Bowl from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Cheers to 2015, frands!