- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place egg, vanilla, and molasses in a large bowl and whisk. Make sure you leave out the coconut oil for the end. Set aside.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the large bowl and mix. Once partially combined, add in 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil and continue to mix until everything is combined. The dough should be sticky.
- Place dough into refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up a bit.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scooper, scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough. Roll between the palms of your hand and press down to slightly flatten out the cookie. This works best if your hands are a bit moist so that the cookie dough does not stick to you. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10 about minutes or until your cookie starts to crackle on the top.
Tips & Notes
The cookie should be a bit hard on the outside and chewy on the inside!